Subject: MI APM
To: , <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/01/2002 12:57:07
I'd like to use apm(8) and apmd(8) on Hpc* ports. Hpcmips
kernel already have apm(4) compatible device. But I found
that I need some changes to do it.

1. man pages
    /usr/share/man/man4/i386/apm.4 and
    /usr/share/man/man8/i386/apm.8
    shall be in

    /usr/share/man/man4/apm.4 and
    /usr/share/man/man8/apm.8.

2. header file
    New header file, /usr/include/dev/apm/apmdev.h will
    contains the part of /usr/include/i386/apmvar.h which is
    required for user land (definition of ioctl commands).
    The contents of new file will be almost same as
    /usr/include/sparc/apmvar.h. The rest of apmvar.h which
    describes machine dependent definitions will stay in
    /usr/include/i386.

And I'will move sys/arch/hpcmips/dev/apm/apmdev.c into
sys/dev/apm directory.

Any comments?

Takemura