Subject: Heimdal kpasswd incompatible with MIT kdc?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Ed Ravin <eravin@panix.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/06/2002 19:33:21
I've been using Heimdal clients on NetBSD 1.5.2 x86 against an MIT KDC
for a while, but I just tried to change my password and got a clock
skew error.  I've confirmed that the clocks on the boxes are synchronized
(besides, I wouldn't have been able to login anywhere if they weren't),
Also, an MIT kpasswd on the same box was able to successfully change
passwords.

Anybody have any guesses what might be going wrong?  Or suggestions on
how to track this down further?

  $ kpasswd
  user@REALM's Password: <mumble>
  New password: <mumblemumble>
  Verifying password - New password: <mumblemumble>
  kpasswd: krb5_change_password: Clock skew too great