Subject: Re: make and comments
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/26/2002 08:55:27
Some other make interprets contents of comment? That doesn't seem right.
I believe that 'our' make behaviour is more right.

OTOH, I just checked SUSv3, and it specifies that comments start
with hash and continue until unescaped newline is reached.

So, we should do the same; send-pr standards PR, please.

Jaromir

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html