Subject: Re: wscons termcap entry
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Klemenz <joerg@gmx.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/05/2002 01:18:08
der Mouse wrote:
> > If compatibility is a matter, why not change the actual emulator to
> > match a real vt220?
>
> It's difficult and unpopular, would be my guess at why.  (If nothing
> else, it means ignoring the last line of peecee displays.)

The emulator does not need to be *that* precise...

> > It does not require any functional changes, just fix the escape
> > sequences returned by some keys... it's almost trivial
>
> ...??  It already supports 132-column mode?  Double-{height,width}?
> Smooth scrolling?

I was refering only to the keys issue.
In the meantime I have realized that one can use something like

	wsconsctl -w map+="keycode 13 = slash grave" > /dev/null

to match the F, home & end  keys with a vt220.
That way one can use the default vt220 TERM and still have F1-Help
home & end working...

> I wrote a VT-100 emulator once.  It's the closest thing I've seen in
> emulators, and even at that, it's lacking a lot of things (smooth
> scroll, setup mode, and support for some things the VT-100 ignores come
> to mind; it also can't do anything about not having a proper keyboard).

Is is open source?

--
joerg klemenz <joerg@gmx.net>            reply to group/list - no CC please