Subject: Re: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&th=aad4584bd40e7c4
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Thomas Dickey <dickey@herndon4.his.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/04/2002 10:19:58
On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 11:07:02PM +0900, Noriyuki Soda wrote:
> 	dickey@herndon4.his.com (Thomas Dickey) said:
>
> > sigh... been there, done that.
> > what do you people say of someone who's not read the manual?
>
> That's because I don't use ncurses ;-)
>
> > ncurses 5.0 implemented extensible terminfo - see the "-x" option of tic.
> > It appears to work just fine with other implementations - they don't see the
> > extensions, but are able to read the terminfo files.
>
> Hmmm, thanks for the information.
>
> BTW, how ncurses deal with already existing vendor private extensions?

The only vendor extensions I've noticed (aside from some things that are
supposed to be automatically translated into X/Open's set of terminfo
capabilities) are slightly different ordering or composition of the
capabilities.  I added a feature after 5.2 to allow ncurses to be compiled with
corresponding ordering, etc., by supplying a different "Caps" file.  I wrote 4
of those.  (The two for AIX and Tru64 are in use now - the other 2 are
experimental).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net>
http://invisible-island.net