Subject: Re: wscons termcap entry
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/04/2002 10:04:19
> If compatibility is a matter, why not change the actual emulator to
> match a real vt220?

It's difficult and unpopular, would be my guess at why.  (If nothing
else, it means ignoring the last line of peecee displays.)

> It does not require any functional changes, just fix the escape
> sequences returned by some keys... it's almost trivial

...??  It already supports 132-column mode?  Double-{height,width}?
Smooth scrolling?

I wrote a VT-100 emulator once.  It's the closest thing I've seen in
emulators, and even at that, it's lacking a lot of things (smooth
scroll, setup mode, and support for some things the VT-100 ignores come
to mind; it also can't do anything about not having a proper keyboard).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign