Subject: Re: AltiVec and *jmp.
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/02/2002 14:31:17
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 07:59:55AM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:36:23AM -0400, Allen Briggs wrote:
>  > Who defines __VEC__ and under what conditions?
> Presumably the compiler, if altivec is enabled.

My concern here was whether or not it's likely to ever be a binary
compatibility snag.  After actually waking up today, I guess it
wouldn't be moreso than, say, compiling with -m7400 anyway.

It seems reasonable to me to do the #define for setjmp() and to
not worry about restoring for signals.  Pthreads, however, should
probably be saving/restoring.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...