Subject: Re: wscons termcap entry
To: Joerg Klemenz <joerg@koala.infnet>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/02/2002 18:48:03
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 02:00:09AM +0200, Joerg Klemenz wrote:
> You may want to look at the wscons entry I created. It's not good, but its
> better than the others...

Some time ago, I took the time to do this too, and I added all the
capabilities you have in both your termcap entries in wsvt25.
So: "It's fixed in -current, and in 1.6."

> One needs to change /etc/ttys to have TERM=wscons as default.

There was some discussion about this and some voices insisted that it
stay vt100 for easier compatibility with other systems that don't know
about wsvt25.  Not that I agree in this regard, but it doesn't matter
too much -- it's easy to set it for yourself.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
Intolerance is the last defense of the insecure.