Subject: wscons termcap entry
To: None <>
From: Joerg Klemenz <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/02/2002 02:00:09

I noted that the termcap entry for wscons (wsvt25) is very incomplete.

Also the vt220 entry that is used by default gets some keys wrong, namly
home, end and the F keys

You may want to look at the wscons entry I created. It's not good, but its
better than the others...
If I understand termcap better I will make a new entry.

The other solution is to make wscons be more like a real vt220...

One needs to change /etc/ttys to have TERM=wscons as default.

I am still using 1.5 so forgive me if that has already been fixed.

					-- jk.

# NetBSD console aka "wscons" (somewhat vt220 compatible)
# These are probably wrong and need to be redone for real
# I tested this only on i386, I *hope* the other ports give the same
# keycodes...
# You can use vt220 entry for NetBSD, but then home, end, and F1-F12 will
# not work.
# (jk)
wscons|NetBSD wscons in 25 line mode:\

# Note: Some programs (slrn, jed) will not work in a color wscons
#       for some weird reason.
wscons-color|NetBSD wscons in 25 line mode with color:\