Subject: Re: rfc2228 in ftpd
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Thorsten Glaser <tygs@netcologne.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/01/2002 16:03:19
[[ I removed the Cc: to some people, as this is widening ]]

begin  electrogrammati illius Jason R Thorpe

>On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 07:42:23PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
>
> > 4 messages directly on topic were not sent through until I asked for
> > them to be sent through.  Then they were sent through.  Was sending
> > them through a mistake, or was blocking them a mistake?  Can you
> > please clarify?
>
>Only the moderator of the list in question can clarify that.  You'll
>have to ask that person.

This clearly shows some people of NetBSD have a behaviour that is like
that of the "cold war". Can't you just stop this? Read on.

>Hugh's messages are not censored.  They are bounced to the moderator
>if they originate from the openbsd.org domain.  The moderator of the

That he approved them, is no excuse for this kind of childish behaviour
that the NetBSD people show - first bouncing _any_ mails from *openbsd*
to them. Can't you just get over it and stop this? In my eyes, it is
like accusing nowadays' Germans of being Nazis because the (not even
German) man named Hitler has done bad things in the past?
And yes, five years in Computing are like 50+ years in real-world
historical things.

>>> This is a message which was blocked until after:
>>>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-security/2002/06/27/0016.html

>but was filled with accusatory remarks and has an overly-aggressive tone.

Hey, this was a message from Theo which wasn't even a bit aggressive,
compared to some of his other messages. And even if, that tone mostly
is founded on some behaviour on the other side (yes, I too got some
of these messages, but then I have made something wrong in prior).

>However, my opionion about the appropriateness of your message is
>irrelevant.  The moderator of tech-security's is.

So, why haven't you stopped this silly war and just asked that named
moderator before you wrote that reply?
Remember, it is not important who starts an argument, it is rather
important who starts to stop it, to settle it down or whatever.

I hope, at least you, probably other NetBSD people also, grok that
times have changed. If you won't, I see you stand in the rain,
security-wise.

-Thorsten
--
Never argue with an idiot, luser or Administrator. They pull you down
to their level, then beat you with experience.	-- seen in d.a.s.r