Subject: Re: threads support (scheduler activation) and libraries
To: None <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/25/2002 16:53:12
> We want to be in sync with the bind8/9 code base primarily so we can
> pick up bug fixes and such easily. I think we want to keep our
> nsswitch infrastructure rather than the irs infrastructure. However,
> it would be better if that was applied as a patch against bind9
> instead of bind4.

I guess a consequence of this would be obsoleting the current API
(cannot keep _res as is when we move away from a bind4-based resolver),=

and if I've not misunderstood, this will mean that we will need to do a=

major version bump of libc, something we have been putting off for quit=
a while (and for good reason, I guess).

Regards,

- H=E5vard