Subject: Re: rfc2228 in ftpd
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/23/2002 10:37:00
> A much cleaner way (instead of changing every printf into sec_printf
> which breaks fflush and ferror, and the byte counting of cprintf,
> CPUTC etc) would be to change the FILE* functions (_read, _close,
> _seek, _write) of stdout/stdin,

Ouch.  I have trouble seeing that as being cleaner than almost
anything; going under stdio's hood is going to break the ability to
build it anywhere not using Torek stdio.

Now, it may not be possible (or rather, may not be feasible) to do it
without depending on Torek stdio.  But if you want to depend on that,
it seems to me that it'd be cleaner to funopen a separate stream, and
change all the printfs to fprintfs.  That at least is using an
advertised interface.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign