Subject: Re: silly request for ideas about about silly change
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/21/2002 18:00:12
[ On Friday, June 21, 2002 at 16:42:35 (-0400), Andrew Brown wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: silly request for ideas about about silly change
>
> getting back to the original *point*, using -3 is a fine idea.  having
> a way to print the current month and the previous two would be a
> bonus.

If an option like "-3" is to provide a display of "3" months then it
should be:  a) generalized for "-N" where "N" is any reasonable integer;
and b) be a window around the current month, not just the previous or
next 'N' months.

(I too have almost from the day I encountered 'cal' way back when wanted
a way to get just a few "current" months and not the whole year or just
the current month.  However I have almost always wanted the previous
month, the current one, and the next month, and rarely, if ever, two
previous _or_ two next months.)

--
								Greg A. Woods