Subject: silly request for ideas about about silly change
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/21/2002 16:12:24
Since the start of time, I've been bothered by cal(1). About 80% of the
time I'd like to see not just the current month but the next
couple. However, cal gives me only two options -- see this month (or
some month), or see a whole year. Of course, the whole year rapidly
scrolls off. Yah, I can run more(1) and this is a totally niggling
annoyance, but after 20 years of suffering with it I want to get rid
of being annoyed.

I am going to add a switch that says "show me this month and the next
two months". (Three nicely fills 80 columns -- more wouldn't work.)

Why am I here? Not to get a flood of suggestions about adding range
arguments and all sorts of other things to cal. Write those hacks on
your own if you like and maybe I'll or someone else will commit them,
but I'm not going to do them myself.

No, I'm here for the stupidest of all reasons. I've wracked my brain
for half an hour and I can't figure out a decent letter to use for the
"show three months" switch.

Any suggestions?

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com