Subject: gcc predefines
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: John R Towler <towl0008@tc.umn.edu>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/19/2002 18:32:32
Greetings,
	I just installed the 20020616-NetBSD-1.6 snapshot on the
i386.  Seems to go until I break something.  I have brought it to a
grinding halt trying to compile emacs and unpack the X srcs at the
same time, but I have no data to see what might be amiss.

I have found it convenient in rebuilding the system to re-add -Dunix
to the gcc cpp-predefines.  It makes a good many projects less hassle
to build (swi-prolog, emcs-19.34, etc.).  I pulled out the relevant
sections of the src tree and changed the
gnu/dist/gcc/config/i386/netbsd-elf.h to have my preferred value.
Upon rebuilding gcc, there was no change in the result.  What did I
not take care of to effect this change.

			Thanks,
			John R. Towler