Subject: Should libs be cross-linked?
To: None <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/12/2002 12:50:29
I've recently encountered piece of software which loaded
dynamically. However, the software didn't load libcrypto, which libssl
depends on, so this failed.

This begs a question: shouldn't libssl be linked against libcrypto,
so that programs which -lssl (or dlopen("")) would
get the dependant libraries loaded too? Other candidate for something
like this would be libedit, which is tied to libtermcap.

Jaromir Dolecek <>