Subject: Re: This should be the final cat(1) patch...
To: None <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/08/2002 14:58:29

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 02:53:16PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> They're not.  err(3) et al are *BSD-isms (very recent, at that) and are
> not portable.  Don't use them in code that's intended to be portable.

It turns out that tools/compat/Makefile pulls them into libnbcompat...

There are things about how this is done that seem vaguely dicey to me, but
since a bunch of other host tools use 'em, that and /usr/share/misc/style's
advice leave me inclined to use err(3)...

Mason Loring Bliss   Ewige Blumenkraft!  awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see