Subject: Re: This should be the final cat(1) patch...
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/08/2002 14:01:43
--dWYAkE0V1FpFQHQ3

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 06:47:38PM +0100, Ben Harris wrote:

> err() and warn(), like flock() are provided by libnbcompat on systems that
> don't have them natively.  Look in tools/compat for the mechanisms that do
> this.  As far as you're concerned, you can just use them as usual.

Yes. And, as I've just learned, unlike flock(2) which is emulated with
fcntl in tools/compat, we're actually using our own src/lib/libc/gen/err.c,
so the functions are guaranteed to always exist.

Good enough for me!

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us   Ewige Blumenkraft!
https://www.deadsexy.org/  awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep;