Subject: Hesiod
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/25/2002 21:56:12
I've been looking into setting up Hesiod but I have not found any
tools to make it easier to transition from local files or NIS to
Hesiod.  So, I wrote a quick one.  It just uses getpwent(3) and
friends to output appropriate DNS RRs for Hesiod.  Currently, it
outputs the domains (usage?) passwd, uid, group, gid, grplist, and
shells.  Unfortunately, I also couldn't find any documentation at
all about Hesiod so it is likely that I made a mistake or two. :-)
Anyway, I put the src up at:

	http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/mkhesdb.tar.gz

and would appreciate comments from someone who is familiar with
the appropriate usage of Hesiod.  If you have references to online
documentation, that would be _excellent_.

Thanks,

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==