Subject: Re: "indirect reference stubs, to be removed soon"
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/23/2002 20:39:17
On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:20:12AM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

 > 	i found the following in lib/libc/Makefile.  what is the status,
 > 	and how should we clean these up?  iirc openbsd cleaned them up
 > 	recently.

They should be cleaned up soon ... The reason they exist is because,
at the time, not everything supported weak symbols.  Now that we're
all ELF[*], we all support weak symbols, so the indirect stuff can go.

[*] Except ns32k.  The general consensus the last time this was brought
up is that ns32k is to be de-supported (but not deleted from the tree)
until the people interested in that platform do the work to modernize the
port (this is primarily toolchain work).