Subject: Re: Modifications of standard headers for PECOFF
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: TAMURA Kent <kent@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/16/2002 22:24:05
> If these are going to be in header files, it must be in the implementation
> namespace.  Might I suggest:
>
> 	__libc_extern FILE __sF[];

Ok, I agree on this.

> 	__lib_extern ...
>
> because I guess libraries other than libc would need similar treatment?

Actually we have to define macro for each library which exposes
global variables.  While building libstdc++.dll, "__sF[]" should
be "__declspec(dllimport) extern FILE __sF[]" and "cout" should
be "__declspec(dllexport) extern _IO_ostream_withassign cout".

This is a kind of DLL Hell ;-(

> ...it might be nice to have to have the run-time linker in the
> main source tree :-)

The run-time linker is also a PECOFF executable.  So we need
build environment targetting PECOFF.  This change is the first
step to build it in the main source tree.

--
TAMURA Kent <kent2002@hauN.org> <kent@netbsd.org>