Subject: etc/etc.*/fstab.* cleanup?
To: None <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/04/2002 10:22:14
seems to me like the various platform-dependant fstab.*, which
nowadays land in /etc, actually belong under /usr/share/examples/fstab/
Many of them are very similar or same on most of architectures,
this way we'd also be able to keep only 'interesting' fstab.* examples
and reduce the file duplication.

Is there any particular reason to retain fstab.* example files
in /etc?

Jaromir Dolecek <>