Subject: Re: correct "direction" of barriers in rc.d
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/26/2002 17:20:34
    Date:        Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:50:54 -0500 (EST)
    From:        Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>

  | It's a pseudo example; in reality, you'd make the glue use a real subsystem
  | name instead of NETWORK.  I just pulled the script names out of a hat.

That doesn't alter the problem - sometimes you want to undo a REQUIRE/BEFORE
that is in the script, and you simply cannot do that from another script.

  | (Using "override" args to rcorder wouldn't change this situation.)

Yes it does, rcorder decides (defines) what the REQUIRE / BEFORE keywords
mean, if it chooses to ignore them in some script, because it has been told
to do that via a command line arg, then the situation changes dramatically.

Once again (and yes Luke, I will send in a PR in a minute) the idea is to
be able to something like

	rcorder -a script:dependency  -b script:dependency

and for any script (which is exactly the filename that appears in rc.d,
so perhaps '/' would be a better separator than ':' - someday a script
with a ':' in its name might appear) mentioned in a -a or -d arg, the
dependencies that are in the script would be ignored, and replaced by
those (one or more) given in the args.   This allows delete and add operations.

kre