Subject: Re: SUSv3/IEEE 1003.1-2001
To: Tomas Svensson <>
From: Nathan J. Williams <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/13/2002 11:30:12
Tomas Svensson <> writes:

> Is there anyone working on or coordinating the implementation of
> SUSv3/IEEE 1003.1-2001 (POSIX.1) in NetBSD?

Several people keep an eye on standards conformance for interfaces
that we do have, and I imagine that we'll be tightening things to
match SUSv3 here and there.

That said, full SUSv3 conformance and implementation of new interfaces
is not a Project goal. When we do add new interfaces we will endeavor
to align them with SUSv3 when possible, but there is not a sense that
adopting SUSv3 wholesale is a good idea.

Some of this is in our goal statement online at

        - Nathan