Subject: Re: ssh config path change (/etc -> /etc/ssh)
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/12/2002 18:07:15
>Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:25:17 +0100
>From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>
>On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 11:54:22AM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
>>
>> 	i really think that we should revert the config file name changes
>
>I don't care much about the ssh subdir, but I object to this one:
>other configuartion files are called foo.conf, and I think we should stay
>consistent ...

This really isn't a good argument for being gratuitously incompatible
with SSH on every other platform.  At least not until we have
/etc/hosts.conf, /etc/fstab.conf, /etc/shells.conf,
/etc/mail/sendmail.conf, /etc/ttys.conf.  And worse: /etc/lpd.conf,
/etc/tip.conf, etc.  And I hope to never see the day when any of that
happens.