Subject: Re: Keeping /etc/defaults and /etc/rc.d in-sync
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/26/2001 16:55:15
>I will commit this patch in a couple of days unless there are any
>legitimate objections (i.e. rejections of the form "I don't like this"
>are invalid -- you need to provide a valid reason WHY you don't like
>it :-)

i like it, but i'm concerned that the new defaults won't contain
settings for old rc.d scripts that have been obsoleted (and not
removed), so there's the possibility of accumulating messages of the
form "WARNING: $foo is not set" at boot time.

of course...removing scripts that are suspected of being obsolescent
is a tricky task.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|