Subject: Re: RFC: migration to a fully dynamically linked system
To: None <cgd@broadcom.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/22/2001 19:07:14
> Really, I don't think _I'd_ mind if we wanted to move in the directio=
> of / & /usr on same partition.  However, I suspect I'd have little
> company there, and people with ancient, small disks would howl (for
> good reason, I suppose; it's probably hard to replace some of them, a=
> this point)...

If the / file system is large (as a result of not having a separate
/usr), it will be difficult at best to do a dump and restore of the
file system using the i386 install media binaries directly.  The first
problem you'll hit is that /tmp on the memory disk image will run full
when you restore.  This from painful own experience...

Regards,

- H=E5vard