Subject: Re: Request for pull-up to netbsd-1-5 in lib/libc/time
To: Eric Gillespie, Jr. <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/11/2001 17:15:38
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <epg@pretzelnet.org> wrote on Sun,  9 Dec 2001
at 23:04:27 -0500 in <87g06jyb3o.fsf@vger.pretzelnet.org>:

> I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of request,
> but i couldn't find any information on where to ask.  I keep
> seeing commit messages on source-changes referring to something
> being pulled up by request without seeing a correspoding report
> on netbsd-bugs, so i guessed send-pr(1) is not the way.

Pullups of revisions to the release branch are handled by developers
submitting requests to release engineering; from the perspective
of non-developers, this is about the same degree of abstraction
as commits are handled by developers.

Therein, if you want a pullup, you need to get a developer to submit
the pullup. If you're not in communication with a developer on the
issue, then you should file a change-request PR.

Thanks.

--jhawk