Subject: Re: HEADS UP: new curses in tree
To: MINOURA Makoto <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/07/2001 09:47:01
According to MINOURA Makoto:
>It seems this change broke menuc(1).

Hmmm it seems like menuc was doing Bad Things(tm), the prefix
_cursesi_ tells me this is a CURSES INTERNAL VARIABLE DAMMIT!!!
applications that rely on internals are broken... no ifs no
buts... pant pant pant.

>Could someone fix this?

I will sort this, what you have done looks ok for an interim patch :-)

> My suggestion is following but we
>should look at the termcap which curses actually uses.

What we should do is nuke the mgetch() function entirely and use the
curses keypad mode to assemble the multi-key sequences.  There are a
number of situations where mgetch will fail.  I will have a look at
doing this when I have sorted out some other things.