Subject: pthreads libraries for netbsd?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/04/2001 19:12:55
Hi,

what is the current recommendation for a POSIX threads library in
NetBSD?  I looked at pkgsrc and searched the netbsd.org and just got
more confused...  There's MIT-pthreads and proven-threads (which are
the same?) and unproven-threads and GNU pthr (gthreads?)  I also saw
references to NSPR threads.  Which one is the most complete?  Since
they all are userlevel they are not really preemptive, right?  What do
people use for their POSIX thread needs?

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen