Subject: Re: proposed changes to system config files
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/28/2001 23:33:17
On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> ip6mode=router
> The same setup without defaultroute6 defined didn't work. The link
> only came alive after explicit declaration of the defaultroute6.

You are right in that you have to setup some routing on a router (:-), and
that for the given case this results in a default route. We do not want to
make people think that's the same as the IPv4 default route.

Maybe we can have a v6uplink variable that's only used with
ip6mode=router?

Of course some more general setup that allows putting config info for IPv6
routers into  rc.conf wouldn't be bad either. (I hate ifconfig.*
etc. files!)

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html