Subject: Re: final testing: taylor-uucp package
To: Simon J. Gerraty <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/27/2001 16:04:37
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
> Will installing this package screw me/them?

Of course the package was not designed to screw anyone, but as I don't
operate a UUCP setup, I cannot tell for sure. The only thing that *might*
be wrong is the permissions (owner, ...) of /var/spool/uucp,
/var/spool/uucppublic and /etc/uucp. If you can tell me if that's ok, I'll
appreciate it. Everything else goes into /usr/pkg, so there shouldn't be
much harm there.

Oh, and the above-mentioned directories will be rmdir'd when the uucp pkg
is uninstalled. If there's some files in there, rmdir will tell  you, but
not nuke anything.

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->