Subject: Re: don't remove ksh
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/20/2001 18:50:04
On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

# Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:53:01 -0400 (EDT)
# From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
# To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
#
# [ On Saturday, October 20, 2001 at 13:56:35 (-0700), Greywolf wrote: ]
# >
# > That's comparing apples and twenty-sided dice.  In our case, you CAN do
# > it reliably.
#
# No, you can't.  It's literally impossible.  You can make some guesses
# based on timestamps, but that's it.

Only in /etc, or only if you opted to overwrite the base system.  I can't
think of a single package that skrogs / or /usr off the top of my head.
Of course the top of my head may be missing after this delightful incendiary
celebration.

# I guess I should know better than to try to talk about reliable systems
# configuration management with people who barely know how to spell RCS or
# CVS.  :-)

At least I know how to spell BSD.

				--*greywolf;
--