Subject: Re: stdio FILE extension
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/20/2001 14:40:03
[ On Saturday, October 20, 2001 at 15:34:38 (GMT), Charles M. Hannum wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: stdio FILE extension
>
> I think it's *you* who is living an illusion -- assuming that programs
> must break periodically simply because other OS developers have been
> very sloppy about it in the past.

Excuse me?  Developers have been WHAT!?!?!?  Maybe you think you live in
a world of static perfection.  I know that I live in a world where
things change and evolve, and I prepare myself to deal with change.
It's obviously a lot easier to manage change if you've some idea it's
coming down the line towards you, which is one of the reasons why people
write specifications and put version numbers on them.

--
							Greg A. Woods