Subject: Re: uucp pkg available for testing
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/19/2001 07:21:57
At 23:55 Uhr +0200 18.10.2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>Indeed Solaris was one of the targets I had in mind for the package, and
>hearing that it doesn't make problems installing it is nice.
>
>Are you in a position to actually try the package?

Yes, I am; I get my mail & news through uucp. Until now, a Macintosh IIci
running NetBSD does the job, and the ss10 is only an ISDN router (no dbri
support in NetBSD, unfortunately). Moving the mail & news services to te
ss10 to cut down on noise level and energy consumption is a long-term goal.

I shall give it a try in te next days and let you know.

Thanks for your work,

	hauke

--
"Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for
 a little order will lose both and deserve neither."