Subject: (fwd) Circular log patches for syslog
To: None <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/19/2001 03:54:02
In case someone cares...

 - Hubert

-- forwarded message --
From: (Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse)
Newsgroups: muc.lists.freebsd.hackers,mpc.lists.freebsd.hackers
Subject: Circular log patches for syslog
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:34:28 +0000 (UTC)

While working on another project, I made some patches to syslogd to support
circular logfiles:

The syslogd patch includes changes to the man page to reflect the new usage.

I don't know if this is useful to anyone else, but it came in handy for me
on a small-footprint embedded project that couldn't afford to let logs grow

We have been using this in house without problems for awhile now.  Any
feedback on this would be appreciated.

To Unsubscribe: send mail to

-- end of forwarded message --

* Basics ->