Subject: Re: ksh
To: None <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/18/2001 15:05:58
>>ksh isn't BSD licensed, or even close...

>Yes, I know; I was only joking. But if FreeBSD can have it in ports, surely
>we can have it in pkgsrc? Or should I just give it up and use *bash* as
>everyone else apparantly does these days? :-) :-) :-)

The lack of /bin/ksh in stock freebsd sucks <explitive/> so don't emulate
that.  Second, given that SunOS 4.x and freebsd are about the only *nix
on the planet that ship without /bin/ksh - and on some systems its the
only shell that's even remotely compatable with the rest of *nix since
1982 /bin/ksh is a very sensible shell to chose.  Especially if you
find yourself having to work places that don't allow installing random shells
on all their boxes.  (Yeah ok SunOS 4.x doesn't ship anymore but the point
remains).

--sjg