Subject: Re: stdio FILE extension
To: Michael Richardson <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/18/2001 11:30:19
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Michael Richardson wrote:

:   Assume that we do a thread-safe libc. (libc_r or some such).
:   It would be nice if we could dispense with all the renames at that
: point. One doesn't link with both. The above check would also come in handy.

Most of our libc is already thread-safe, and thread hooks exist to provide
mutex support for libc internals where needed.  Much of this work was done
by kleink, IIRC.

(In short, our "thread-safe libc" will be "libc", not a separate library.)

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --