Subject: Including in ?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/16/2001 18:03:09
Folks,

I notice SUSv2 says that <sys/socket.h> is a standalone include, whereas
we require <sys/types.h> to be included first.  Since <sys/socket.h>
required "fancy" types like uid_t, gid_t, size_t and caddr_t (just
to name a few) I don't think there's anyway of avoiding including
<sys/types.h> to make this a standalone header.  A quick browse of some
DU, Solaris and Linux <sys/socket.h>'s shows this is what they do to.

Any objections to me making this change (and updating the applicable
manual pages)?  I'll give it a week or so before I do this...

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/