Subject: Re: pipe(2) and invalid fildes
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Michael Lyle <mlyle@recourse.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/01/2001 09:14:05
I disagree a little bit on on this point.

When writing code in userland, I view man pages as the -requirements-
that the system call will conform to.  It's really nice to know that
"system call a doesn't return N, but may in the future", so that if
that case is relevent it can be appropriately trapped.

e.g. it's more important to me to know about the call as it is
specified than as it is currently implemented, assuming the impl is
conformant to the specification.

Mike

--
Michael P. Lyle