Subject: Re: rc.d and dhclient and dhclient-exit-hooks
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/14/2001 16:45:03
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Michael Richardson wrote:

>   So, what I really need is a way for an rc script to indicate that it
> has more stuff to do, but it needs to defer until later ("the end") would be
> fine.

I think it would be cleaner to do the following:

1. Make your early rc script write a state variable to a file (i.e.,
/var/run/network-state).

2. Create a new rc script that runs at the end (or wherever else you
want), reads /var/run/network-state, and takes appropriate action based
on that.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org