Subject: Kerberos not linked with proper libs on ELF? [was: Re: qpopper 4.0.3
To: None <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/24/2001 02:49:37
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 marius@alchemy.franken.de wrote:
> > [moved to the right list]
> so what is the right list ? tech-pkg or tech-userlevel ?

tech-pkg for pkg related discussion, but i've also included tech-userlevel
as the problem seems to be a kerberos problem really.

Using a 1.5.2 system, I get:

	checking for krb_recvauth in -lkrb... no

while you get a "yes" for the same test. What's happening here is that a
program consisting of a single krb_recvauth() call is compiled. It seems
this compile succesds for you, while it fails for me, with quite a list of
missing symbols:

	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `net_write'
	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `des_pcbc_encrypt'
	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `init_error_table'
	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `des_set_odd_parity'
	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `des_key_sched'
	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `base64_encode'
	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `des_read_pw_string'
	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `crypt'
	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `net_read'
	/usr/lib/libkrb.so: undefined reference to `des_set_key'

The list is much longer, and includes symbols from libcrypt, libroken,
libresolv, etc. Running 'ldd' on /usr/lib/libkrb.so shows no other libs.
I can only guess that's the problem, maybe one of our Kerbero gurus can
have a look here.

I'm not sure how the (a.out) amiga works around this, we'd have to have a
look on the config.log output, and also what "ldd /usr/lib/libkrb.so" says
would be interresting.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html