Subject: Re: pwd_mkdb hook script?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/16/2001 13:18:04
On 16-Aug-01 Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> I'd probably do it a bit differently... maybe an /etc/pwd_mkdb.conf
> or something that contained a list of commands to run with some
> argument expansion of some type?

I like the idea of a script to be called better.  But I don't like the name
rc.foo, as it implies that it might be run at startup.  I'm not sure what a
.conf file would buy us in this case.

I could however see value in shipping a default script, with a .conf file
accompanying it, that had a few default actions, all set to NO.  But chances
are anything needed to be run by this sort of process is going to be user
specific.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
NetBSD supported hardware database: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/hw.cgi