Subject: Re: _deny_severity
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/16/2001 14:42:06
>Everything seems to go quite well, but in my greed I also want
>the TCP Wrappers in place by placing
>
>	define(`confENVDEF', `TCPWRAPPERS')
>	define(`confLIBS', `-lwrap')
>
>in devtools/Site/site.config.m4.  Compilation and installation
>succeed, and Sendmail seems to run OK, but running Makemap crashes
>with the peculiar error:
>
>	/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_deny_severity" in makemap:usr/lib/libwrap.so.0.0

it's linker weirdness.  even programs that don't need libwrap get
linked to libwrap and then fail to start because they can't satisfy
libwrap's needs.

use this instead:

	define(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF', `-DTCPWRAPPERS')
	define(`conf_sendmail_LIBS', `-lwrap')

which means that only sendmail will get built with libwrap.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|