Subject: Re: upgrade to mv
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/15/2001 10:30:33
[ On Wednesday, August 15, 2001 at 08:35:51 (+0200), Ignatios Souvatzis wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: upgrade to mv
>
> mmv is about 10 years older than Debian. Maybe older than any of the Debian
> contributors. Look for it in the (I think) comp.sources.unix archives.

Hmmm.... I'd forgotten about that one.  It was written by Vladimir Lanin
and posted to comp.sources.unix (Volume 21, issues 87 and 88) in April
1990.

Its real feature though was that it could far more complex and useful
transformations to filenames.  Almost reminded me of the far more
powerful wildcard handling on Multics (except of course MMV uses REs).

--
							Greg A. Woods