Subject: Re: cp(1) vs. UVM/UBC
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/22/2001 22:32:15
On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

:  > This is a hack, to be sure, but better a hack-until-UBC-works-on-them than a
:  > panic or nondescript program failure.
:
: Ok, I basically wanted you to acknowledge that what you were proposing
: is a stupid hack.  Of course, we don't like to add stupid hacks to our
: source tree.

No, but as I said, it's better that claiming that the filesystems `work'
when they actually end up borking the system on a basic operation.  8-)

(IIRC, someone said that nfs was one of those broken fs's, which makes
running -current entirely out of the question for me until we do have such a
hack or the fs is fixed.  I'm sure there are similar situations for other
fs's out there.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/