Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.1 release?
To: None <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/05/2001 12:00:16
Lucio De Re wrote:
> I have to build a server from scratch and have a bit of slack in my
> list of priorities.  Should I do it now, or is 1.5.1 to be released
> imminently?

1.5.1 is going out Real Soon Now, the final release kernel rebuilds are
happening. It should be ready within couple of days. If you could
wait, I'd recommend to do so.

You may be good off using e.g. 1.5.1_BETA snapshot and once 1.5.1
is available, upgrading to 1.5.1. Even now, you should be able
to cvs checkout -r netbsd-1-5 to get what is going to be in release,
though this is probably only viable for kernel (userland is too large).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!