Subject: Re: "tcpdchk" doesn't know that "sshd" uses tcp wrappers
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/30/2001 11:54:00
On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> >"tcpdchk" reports (disingenuously) that "sshd" is not in
> >"/etc/inetd.conf", when of course, that's not the issue, as "sshd"
> >does use tcp wrappers.
> >It appears to be a trivial thing to give "sshd" the same treatment
> >as "sendmail". Does anyone object to my committing the following?
>
> 	i guess it reasonable, but how many services do we need to list here?

Thanks for committing that.

To answer your question, I found that most of the gnome apps link
against libwrap, because of ORBit, but that doesn't mean it would be
useful to make an exception for them (to the warning). My short list
has three more from the base system and one from pkgsrc:

	rpcbind		(for sure!)
	supfileserv
	ypserv
	afpd		(netatalk print server)