Subject: Re: a few minor cleanups to src/share/misc/style
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/22/2001 09:48:34
Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org> writes:
> > * explicitly mention that exits from main() should be done via exit(),
> >   rather than return.  This was already demonstrated implicitly by the
> >   sample code, but probably bears explicit mention.
>
> In this case, the lint libraries will have to be changed:

That's probably a good idea in general (i.e., to allow 'noreturn' or
similar functions to be adequately expressed in lint).

However, I'll note that (again 8-) that share/misc/style was already
using exit()s from main consistently...  I.e., this is no change of
practice, just a reenforcement of what's there in the pseudo-code.

chris