Subject: Re: user 'operator' ?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/16/2001 20:29:16
    Andrew> good point, but (a) the shell is /sbin/nologin, so (b) no one logs in
    Andrew> as the operator, and (c) operator isn't mentioned in the default
    Andrew> syslog.conf.  therefore (d) anyone who actually wants to change all
    Andrew> these conditions ought to be able to add the user themselves?

  I believe that one can force a cmd in .ssh/authorized_keys to run something
even when the shell is that way. So, one can do:
     "ssh -l operator somehost mydump"

  (assuming mydump is in authorized_keys as the force cmd)

  I actually set the shell, but my memory if fuzzy.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]     mcr@solidum.com   www.solidum.com   the little fishy gone?|PAX.port 1100[